PUBLIC RELATIONS CAMPAIGN CASE STUDY
Engaged Outreach – Mental Health & Today’s Youth
The What and Why
Engaged Outreach, a statewide nonprofit focused on developing social and mental wellbeing in youth, sought us out to help announce the launch of its pilot in-school programing. The nonprofit began its work in this space to meet the overwhelming need for mental health-focused programing in Michigan schools. Alongside others, the group at Engaged Outreach saw youth and young adult suicide rates steadily increase since 2007. Our work with Engaged Outreach began in December 2019, with a creative focus. After this work, our focus shifted to public relations efforts from February 2020–May 2020.
The goal of the campaign was to secure local, regional, and state media coverage announcing the successful launch of Engaged Outreach’s programing in a select number of schools. We also aimed to highlight the need for mental health services and resources for all Michigan students.
Our Kickass Approach
Any public relations campaign of this caliber requires strategic research, a thorough strategy and exceptional project management. These elements became increasingly more important in the face of an international pandemic like COVID-19. Our process for success in this campaign included:
- Monthly meetings to identify goals and understand organizational messaging
- Extensive research to identify applicable media targets in the local, regional, and national markets
- Creation of multiple press lists
- Ongoing media pitching and follow up
- Creation of press release, media alerts, and branded media kit
- Additional creative assistance
- Creation of media/segment talking points
- Coordination of all media interviews
- Real-time monitoring of earned media coverage and ongoing campaign reporting
How We Crushed It
Even amidst a pandemic in which the news cycle was flooded with singular storylines, we were able to pivot and secure 9 pieces of earned media throughout the duration of the campaign. We were able to secure coverage in a variety of statewide publications with total impression numbers surpassing 7,340,112.
Click the links below to check out some of our awesome coverage.
- Michigan Business Network: Improving Youth Mental Health in Michigan Schools
- Grand Rapids Business Journal: Mental Health Amidst COVID-19
- State News: Engaged Outreach Focuses on Improving Youth Mental Health
- Rapid Growth Media: Mental Health and COVID-19
- Corp! Magazine: Mental Health Pros: ‘New Normal’ Can be ‘Chaotic, Messy’ During A Crisis
Do you need a PR team that can get your news out? Reach out to us. We can’t wait to talk.