First thing’s first. If you haven’t read part one of our RBV case study, head there so you’re all caught up.
When we last left RBV Contracting, they had a messaging strategy and brand new website. Now that we got them looking all pretty, we jumped into public relations. We happen to be pretty darn good at garnering media coverage for our clients, you can read about it here, here, here, or here. Please click the links, please.
Getting the Word Out
As a certified minority-owned business operating in a HUBZone, and as a company that continually gives back to the community through volunteer projects, RBV Contracting was so deserving of having its name in print. We targeted Michigan business publications to highlight some of the projects RBV was involved with along with the great work they’d done.
Right off the bat, RBV got awarded as one of the 2017 Michigan Celebrates Small Business 50 Companies to Watch. Oh, and they also got awarded Government Contractor of the Year. You can bet our team jumped at the opportunity. We blasted the info out on social and to all the relevant local media.
Our PR team secured nine pieces of earned media around this story alone, in publications ranging from Crain’s Detroit to GRBJ and Crossroads Today.
We didn’t stop there we focused on stories around their work, achievements, and expertise in the industry. Some of our favorite earned media include:
- Clinton River construction activities to restore and stabilize shorelines, US Army Corps of Engineers
- The Role of Construction Companies Before, During, and After Disaster, Construct Connect
- Construction Companies Cannot Afford to Overlook Digital Marketing, Construction Executive
- HUBZone-Resident and Project Manager of Local Minority-Owned Contracting Firm Named “Employee of the Year” by National HUBZone Council, PR Web
In total, during our time managing RBV’s PR from 2017 through early 2019, we secured:
- 24 pieces of earned media
- Articles and features in 14 different publications
- Features on those publications’ social media and newsletters
If you’re interested in raising your profile, get ahold of us. We’d love to help out if you have a good story to tell.