We love our clients, and we love knocking it out of the park for them. We’ve been working with our friends at Inforum for several years now, this is the third time we’ve assisted with International Women’s Day. There is nothing better than sharing news about other kickass women.
Inforum asked us to develop and implement a public relations campaign for their 2020 International Women’s Day event. The day-long conference is a yearly celebration in partnership with Amway and other corporate sponsors to honor and celebrate women in Michigan. This year’s theme, The Power of Being Real, featured keynote speeches from Buhle Dlamini and Risha Grant, both world renowned experts on diversity and inclusion. We started work on the campaign in December of 2019, and the event took place on March 4, 2020.
The goal was to secure local, regional and state media coverage highlighting the upcoming event. Plus, like always, we wanted to achieve the ultimate goal of selling out the event.
A public relations campaign of this caliber required strategic research and exceptional project management. Our process for success in this campaign included:
- Monthly meetings to identify goals and understand organizational messaging
- Extensive research to identify applicable media targets in the local, regional, and national markets
- Creation of multiple press lists
- Ongoing media pitching and follow up
- Creation of event press release, media alert, and social promotional recommendations
- Creation of event/organization media taking points
- Coordination of all media interviews, both for Inforum and other event hosts
- On-site event media coordination and assistance
- Real-time monitoring of earned media coverage and ongoing campaign reporting
Well, for starters, the event sold out!
Our team secured 8 pieces of earned media during the campaign, with outlets that have a combined total of monthly digital impressions surpassing 31,634,324. This does not include TV segment viewership or print coverage circulation. Other highlights for the campaign included:
- 5 placements surrounding the initial event announcement
- Wood TV8, a local TV station, and WGVU Radio were on site to cover the event
We love knocking it out of the park for our clients. Need some help promoting your next event or some company news? Contact us and check out our other Inforum case study. We can’t wait to get your news out to the world.
[contact-form-7 id=”6″ title=”Contact Form”]